Friday, March 22, 2013

Unfolding Miracle

One of our close friends, Cheryl, has been battling cancer for a while.  She had a recent set-back when she lost the use of her legs.  She has been admitted to Shepherd Spinal Center where she is learning how to live from a wheel chair.  Caroline and I went to visit with her last night.  It was my first chance to be inside Shepherd.  We had dinner in the cafeteria, and Cheryl toured us through the facility.  They have a large indoor pool, gymnasium and multiple health and rehab facilities.  I was amazed by the facilities, but Cheryl told us that the real strength of the facility is the staff.  She said that each person she deals with is extremely helpful and encouraging.  I was delighted to hear that they were taking good care of her, but the inspiration for me was all Cheryl.  She has the most amazing attitude towards the disease that has attacked her body.  She gives all credit for her strength to her faith in Jesus and the plans that He has for her.   We are praying for the miracle of complete healing, but for me, the miracle is already unfolding in her life and the spirit of God within her.

No comments:

Post a Comment