Thursday, May 26, 2016

Beautiful

Caroline and I had plans to go to the Fox Theatre tonight for “Beautiful” with our good friends, John and Annie Crawford.  We have had this on the calendar for months, and have been looking forward to the show and to seeing them.  One of their close friends died from cancer, and the funeral is today.  John  has been asked to speak at the funeral.  While I will miss seeing them, I know that John will make an impact for the kingdom today.   I first met John in the UGA Redcoat Band.  He then became my life insurance agent, then Caroline’s boss and then my real estate client.   While each of these relationships is significant on their own, I count John as one of my  closest friends and more importantly, my mentor, when it comes to matters of God.   We are the same age, but his spiritual maturity dwarfs mine.  I know that if I ever have a moral dilemma, I can count on him for Godly advice.   I hope all of you have a John in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment