Thursday, July 7, 2016

Moms


 
1996
2016
 
I know we just celebrated Independence Day, but I have to recognize some very special mom’s today.  My wife, Caroline, and my brother’s wife, Carolyn, planned and executed a family reunion in Big Stone Gap, VA last weekend.  Craig and Carolyn have six kids of their own and three grandkids.  We have two plus four grandkids.  Needless to say, chaos was one of the major themes of the weekend.  It was a tremendous amount of effort managing transportation, activities, meals and sleeping arrangements, but CiCi and CiCi did it with unbelievable grace.  We visited state parks, swam, watched fireworks and participated in the small town parade on the fourth.  We were actually celebrating the 20th reunion of when we took our kids to Big Stone Gap in 1996, dressed as Olympians and participated in the parade that year.  You see, CiCi and CiCi had a great model to follow, because my mom, Pat, always hosted summer camp for my kids when they were old enough to be out of diapers.  Cheers to moms who value family, and invest the time, energy and love to make lasting memories for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment