Thursday, June 15, 2017

Postguide

I consider myself a consumer of social media.  I am expected to use it for my real estate business, but it is a push for me.  I look at facebook every day, but I don't post or comment every day.  Some of what I see posted by others is fun, some is disgusting but most of it is just not interesting to me.  Most of the time when I comment on other posts, it is an attempt to "be clever", and that often includes sarcasm.  The people that know me well recognize that, but "one-off" friends are sometimes confused or even offended.  I came across this article from a Christian author who has adopted three rules that help govern his social media use.  He only posts if 1) he can add to the conversation (not repeat something someone else has always said, like "amen") 2) he can find a way to say it constructively and 3) it is likely to be received respectfully.  I think I could benefit from paying closer attention to those rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment