Thursday, December 28, 2017

Staying Power

It's that time of the year again to think about New Year's resolutions.   In trying to create opportunities for a little more follow through this year, I came across a good article.  It talks about the four things I can do to position myself for success.  1) Be sensible and be sure to consider all of the ramifications of the new resolution including impacts on your family and friends.  2)  While I may state what "I am going to do", I must realize that anything accomplished is only with God's help.  I am in complete dependence on him.  3) I must make my resolutions humbly and not expect that since "I" have accomplished something, that God will reign down connected or disconnected blessings on me, and 4) any praise received from success achieved must be redirected completely to God, as He is the author and facilitator of all good things.  In checking the source for the article, it gave me hope that the author of these thoughts was Jonathon Edwards, who lived from 1703 to 1758.  That's what I call staying power, and I would love to have a stiff dose of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment