Thursday, September 27, 2018

Multiplication

Last night in our ConnectGroup, we talked about the power of multiplication - how one act of kindness can get multiplied in a family, organization or throughout a whole community when the person being encouraged passes it on to others.  I have written frequently in the past about my high school band director, David Gregory.  He inspired us to work hard to create something great that could only be produced when all members were contributing to their fullest.  I took some of him with me from high school into the rest of my life.  At a previous church we attended, he encouraged me and helped me to start an instrumental ensemble at our church.  With no formal training or experience, I led a group of about 30 people to play together as a part of our worship service.  David recently retired as conductor of the Georgia Wind Symphony, where Caroline and I still play.  The group is make up of mostly school band directors, and for most of them, it is their only chance to perform.  I know that each of them take a little bit of David into their band room every day in an attempt to inspire their students, too.  If you have 10 minutes, listen and watch what we have carried with us over the last 40 years thanks to David's influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment