Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Heart Stopping

This week, Caroline and I were blessed with grandbaby number 6.  Lizzy and Trey brought Blakely Grace into the world.   Mom, Dad and Baby are all doing great.   Caroline and I were in the waiting area waiting for the text from Trey that Blakely had arrived.  There was an announcement over the PA system that said, "Code Pink in LDR 11", which we recognized as Lizzy's room.  Not knowing what a Code Pink was, I asked the first hospital employee I could find, and she let me know that the baby was in some sort of distress, but she didn't have additional details.  For the next 5 minutes, which seemed like 5 hours, we were in the dark about what was going on.   Every possible scenario, most of them horrifying, went through our heads - and for me, those thoughts centered around the possibility of serious health problems for Lizzy and/or Blakely. The only thing we knew to do was to pray.  We soon found out that everyone was fine.  Blakely had a somewhat awkward birth, but the amazing hospital staff responded quickly, and Blakely arrived just fine.  I can't imagine the additional pain of getting through this without my God to comfort me.  I give God honor and praise for the miracle of birth and the gift of comfort every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment