Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Free College


My parents were both from southern Appalachia, and this bluegrass arrangement of Carol of the Bells caught my attention.  Some of you may have seen this already, but if not take a moment to listen.  I love the quality throughout - from the arrangement to the musicianship to the video editing.   I dug a little deeper to find out more about Berea College in Kentucky where these musicians attend.  Berea College was founded in 1855 by the abolitionist, John Gregg Fee, was the first non-segregated university in the south and provides full scholarships to all of its students through a work-study program.  The school's motto is "God has made of one blood all peoples of the earth".  I imagine there are many more beautiful things that are produced on this campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment