Thursday, June 20, 2019

Pirates Sighted



I am a routine person.  If I can get something good in my daily routine, I am pretty good about keeping it there.  Regrettably, the same thing holds true for bad things in my routine.  It's hard to get rid of them.   There is nothing routine about having 5 kids for 3 days at our annual Pirate Camp at Lake Hartwell.  This is our fourth year, and the number of kids grows as the grandkids age in (4 years old).  For these three days, I am almost completely out of my routine, which is hard for me in a way.   But yesterday, while on the pirate ship, on our way to locate the hidden treasure that Captain Hook stole, Levi looked at me and said, "today is the best day of my life".  Routine smashed.

1 comment:

  1. Never could understand the logic of using pirates as any thing but what they were-blood thirsty killers and plundering thieves-scourge of the seven seasons!
    How then to we rationalize using them as heroes or good role models for our children to emulate? Bill TEAL

    ReplyDelete