Thursday, January 21, 2021

My Prayer

Dear God, I am so thankful for the people that you put in my life to protect me, encourage me, teach me and strengthen me.  Generations before me have battled with each other, and with themselves, in an attempt to understand and determine their place in this world.  These battles, both public and private, are the seeds that were planted allowing me to develop into the person I am.  I know that there are those who don't know you.  There are others that feel that they have nothing to give.  Help them to know that each quiet act of dignity is what feeds their soul.  And their souls will never die.  When my children look back on my time on this Earth, what will they say?  What will my legacy be?  I hope they will say that I was willing to share the blessings that I received - that I gave my best to You. 

This is my prayer which was inspired by the song, American Anthem (not The National Anthem), which I listened to for the first time this week.  Listen and watch here, and if you prefer to listen to the original performance by Nora Jones with lyrics, click here.   By the way, I love my country, too, but Gene Scheer did a pretty good job with that one already.

No comments:

Post a Comment