Thursday, September 22, 2022

Simple Stories


I often struggle with sharing my faith with people.  I try to convince myself that if I just act right, I can set an example for others, and they might see something different about me.  There are a couple of problems with that.  First, I don't act right that much, so people don't see anything different about me.  Second, there are a lot of good people who don't believe, so even if I do get my act together and act right, I might not look that different.  So trying to act right isn't enough.  I have to be more intentional.  The first step is relationship.  I need to understand and care about someone else so that they might want to listen.  The second step is to speak from personal experience, not the Bible.  What the Bible says is not important to someone that doesn't believe it is truth.  Making the opportunity to tell someone what Jesus has done in my life is the best way forward.  I want to do that more.   This song does a nice job driving that point home.

No comments:

Post a Comment