Friday, December 30, 2022

Incomplete Christmas

I love this week of the year as it encourages me to stop for a minute and think about what is really important.  I missed having my dad around for Christmas this year.  He loved Christmas.  When we were young, we would set up a stage with floodlights and flying reindeer in our front yard a couple of weeks before Christmas.  "Santa" would miraculously appear around dusk and sit in his rocking chair until there were no more kids to talk to.  We would have as many as 100 kids per night stop by.  It was widely known that 2401 Carson Drive was the location of the real Santa Claus.  "Don't fall for those fakes in the malls."  My dad passed away 19 years ago from Melanoma.  We discovered it way too late, and it had spread to most of his major organs.   Our times together between his diagnosis and his death were some of the sweetest times we had together, but Cancer is a vicious killer.  If you are interested in helping to find a cure for Cancer, there are plenty of organizations that need your help, but you can't go wrong with the American Cancer Society.  I hope you have a great and purposeful 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment