Thursday, January 19, 2023

Speak Jesus

 


If you have been keeping up with this blog for any period of time, you know how important music is to me.  I started playing trumpet when I was 11 in the sixth grade band, and still play in the Georgia Wind Symphony.  Regrettably, as an instrumentalist, my focus when listening to songs with lyrics is on the music and not the lyrics.  My church included the song "I speak Jesus" in its worship time on Sunday.  If you would have asked me what the song was about before today, I would have guessed it was about telling others about Jesus, which is absolutely one of the most important things believers are called to do.  I love the song (the tune) and decided to take another listen this morning.  I forced myself to focus on the lyrics and was inspired.  The song talks about "speaking Jesus" to help me through whatever I happen to be struggling with at any moment.  I am terrible at doing that, but want to do that today - and hopefully more days.  I had not heard of Charity Gayle before today.  I'm not sure how.  I  love this video because there aren't a lot of flashing lights and distractions.  It's just Charity, the band and the backup singers worshiping from their hearts - and their guts.  I hope you are inspired, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment