Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Child's play

 


On Saturday, Caroline and I had the privilege of hosting my grandson, Evan's soccer team and their families at Lake Hartwell.  That added up to about 45 kids and adults.  I spent some time with the adults, but the kids stole the show.  It was so much fun seeing them play with each other and encourage one another.  At one point we had 15 of them on tubes behind the boat, and as far as I know, they all made it back ashore.   We also had some of the kids trying new skill sports behind the boat. And jumping off the top of the dock catching a football mid-air went on for hours.  In the gospel of Matthew, Matthew reports that the disciples approached Jesus and asked "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"  Jesus called a child over, placed the child in their midst and said, "Amen, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.  Whoever humbles himself like this child, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me."  I want to try to find all of those childlike qualities that Jesus loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment