Thursday, July 13, 2023

Old Friend

I may have written about C.S. Lewis in the past, but it has been a while.  I would guess it has been over a decade since I last read one of his books.  We studied The Screwtape Letters in one of our church small groups.  My first introduction to him was around 1995 when I read Mere Christianity for the first time.  I fell in love with his ability to describe truth through allegory.  Mere Christianity originated as a series of radio shows for the masses, so his words are simple, but the way he assembles them is a work of art.  I have since read most of his major books, but somehow I have not yet read his most commercially successful series, The Chronicles of Narnia.  That series is appropriate for children, but the timeless message is for adults, too.  I am starting with The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe today.  Let me know if you want to read along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment