Thursday, July 25, 2024

Healing Prayer

 

I have been reading a book called Healing Prayer by David Chotka and Maxie Dunham.  The authors tell stories of their personal experiences with miracles that God has performed as a result of prayer.  The stories are inspirational, but they both acknowledge that there are many more times when their prayers for healing were not answered.  I have prayed for people I know with serious illness, and to my knowledge, those prayers have not been answered yet.  It raises the difficult question.  Why does God sometimes answer prayers, and at other times, he seemingly doesn't.  I wonder if my prayers are not bold enough, or if my faith is not strong enough.  Those things may be true, but there is another truth.  God instructs us to pray for others.  We may not understand his methods, or his timing, but our obedience is rewarded.  I found this great testimony by CeCe Winans about a healing miracle in her family history.   And if you haven't experienced her gift of music in a while, this is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment