Two decades ago, there were four years when I didn't care much for Tim Tebow. I didn't know him personally, but I knew he had a nasty habit of beating my alma mater, UGA, while leading the Gators. Many criticized Tim because he wore his faith on his sleeve (and painted on his face). But at the same time, there are people like me who disliked how he treated us on the football field, but came to admire his performance both on and off the field. He has been active in the Fellowship Of Christian Athletes, and one of the high school students he met there was Bo Nix. Tim encouraged him, and no one knew that the two would some day quarterback the same NFL team. This past week, the two exchanged jerseys on the Bronco's podcast. It is so inspiring to see two athletes who perform at the highest level speaking openly about their respect for each other and their love for Jesus. Fan for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment