Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Live More In Dependence on Him

The Fourth of July is all about independence.  We owe a huge debt of gratitude to everyone who has ever fought for our country’s independence.  I had to register for the armed forces when I was in college, but never got any closer to serving than that.   Independence also means being able to take care of yourself.  There is a lot that is good about that.  I love knowing and being around people who take responsibility for the circumstances in their life.  To the contrary, one of the most unattractive character traits of people is people who blame everyone else for anything that might not be going their way.    I feel like we come full circle when it comes to our spiritual life though.  If we think we can take care of everything ourselves, without God’s love and guidance, we will quickly realize how wrong we are.   I want to live more in dependence on Him.  Happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment