Thursday, June 26, 2014

Rest

I have addressed the topic of rest in the past, but rest is something I continue to struggle with.  I saw this article today, and it made me stop and take notice again.   I know that it is healthy to rest, and I know that I should do it, but I seem to be constantly distracted by all the world has to offer – good things.  Good things like family, work and recreation.  And some not so good things, mainly television.  I have tried in the past to establish a day off, once per week, where I have nothing scheduled and no electronics on.  No phone, no computer, no TV.  Reading, resting and exercising are all ok.   The full day off went to a half day off.  Then the half day off went to a 6am to 9am early morning off.  I don’t always even get that in.  But no matter what small effort I make, I find that my efforts are rewarded.   For me it is painful to start – and blissful to finish.  God is faithful, and he loves it when we pay attention to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment