Thursday, November 6, 2014

Waterfall


At the very north end of Lake Hartwell, in Westminster, SC, you can branch off from the main channel into a narrow stream in a kayak or small boat.  It kind of reminds me of the Okefenoke swamp ride at Six Flags where the trees and bushes create a canopy over the water.  After rounding several bends you start to hear the sound of rushing water.  That sounds get louder and louder until you see a large waterfall feeding the stream.  On a hot humid day, I can remember the feeling of climbing over the rocks until I could get to a place where the water would pound on my head and shoulders and completely engulf me.   

My good friend, Richard, has been faithfully following my posts on the soul the last couple of weeks.  He sent me a link to a video with Chris Tomlin talking about one of the songs on his new album “Love Ran Red”, and I found this acoustic version from the recording session. The name of the song is “Waterfall”.   The lyrics are simple, but true.  “Your love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.  Your love is like a waterfall, raining down on me. You’re an ocean to my soul.”  No doubt, Chris borrowed those ideas from an ancient text:  “Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.”  Psalm 42:7No matter how much the world presses its needs on me, no matter how much I think I know what I need - and am wrong, I can’t escape his presence.  My soul is only at peace with Him.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment