Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pine Cove – The Back Story


My business post this week at SpotOnTheLake.com was about a camp that will be opening on Lake Hartwell in 2017.  I wanted to add a little more background.  It was in January of 2012 when I received a call from a gentleman from Texas.  I had posted a photo on Google Earth, and he found it as he was looking for property around Lake Hartwell.   He was looking for 100+ acres with good lake views that would be easy to build on.  He told me he wanted to build a camp at Lake Hartwell to tell people about Jesus.  I get a lot of calls from “dreamers”.  Most of them follow their dream with “and we would like to get someone to donate the land to us.”   Well, this dreamer was Bill McKenzie, and he didn’t need anyone to give him anything.  He founded Pine Cove Camps in Texas and was looking to expand by opening a camp in the southeast.  The picture in this post shows Bill in the center with two of  his associates on their first trip to Lake Hartwell to scout properties.  Little did we know at the time that the property they ended up purchasing in 2015 was literally a stone’s throw from the Google Earth photo that Bill had clicked on three years earlier.  Praise God for soldiers like Bill, and praise God for His provision.  I can’t wait to see what He will do at Pine Cove Chimney Point.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Tom! And how cool that he was led to you - a fellow Christ follower!
    Marty Michaud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marty - I agree and thanks for reading! That is actually the only call I have ever received off of one of my Google Earth photos and there are hundreds out there. It was for a property in Shorewood right across the lake on the GA side.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff here Tom! It is great to see how God is already using this property in powerful ways. Thanks so much!

    BA

    ReplyDelete