Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Color Yellow



We finished up chapter 9 of The Divine Conspiracy this week in our Connect Group.  Dallas Willard tells us that the two most important parts of becoming a disciple are enthralling the mind with Jesus and removing any of the barriers (bad habits) that are keeping us from him.  He hit me right in the gut when he said that the most important way that we will enthrall our minds with Jesus is through silence and solitude.  This is something most people are not too good at these days, and I am one of the worst offenders.  I feel like my life is full of a lot of good things:  family, church, friends, work and leisure – but it is not full of the best thing, Him.  Dallas encourages us to look for God in His creation.  I couldn’t help but be reminded of this as I was driving through Hart County today (63 MPH in a 55).  These fields of flowers go on for miles.  I am assuming someone planted them, but these seeds and the dirt that nourished them are purely God’s doing.  I love that the God I want to know more is so full of beauty, and was happy to take a couple of minutes to soak it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment