Thursday, September 1, 2016

Labor of Love

I remember going to a career counseling weekend with my church when I was in high school.  They said I was pretty good with numbers, and that I might like to do something with computers.  I learned about computers at UGA (with punched cards), and then went to work for IBM right out of school.  I spent 8 years there and then left the hardware world to sell software.  i did that for another 10 years.  I was changing companies about every 2 years, but one year I had four W-2's due to two corporate acquisitions.  I was making a living, but I wasn't living.  My work consumed the majority of my time, but I wasn't doing anything or building anything that was very satisfying to me.  In 2003, I literally had a come to Jesus meeting after another software job change.  I thought and prayed about what I loved, and I kept coming back to my family and the lake.  It was then that I decided to get my real estate license and at age 42, make a complete career change to sell real estate at Lake Hartwell.  I work hard, a lot of the time too hard.  But now, with my son, Michael, working with me full time, I can say that what I am doing is very satisfying.  Please tune in next week to see a little project that I have been working on for two years that tells the story of my labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment