Thursday, October 20, 2016

Debate Winner

After enduring the third presidential debate last night, I feel a since of sadness over our political system.   I am not excited about voting for either major party candidate and am uneasy about how things will proceed for our country over the next four years.  I was introduced to a third alternative this week in Evan McMullin.   I know very little about him except for the media coverage since he joined the race in August as an independent.  All I can say is he seems intelligent, well-spoken and rational.  I have not seen him under pressure, so I don't know how he might respond in a debate situation, but my instincts say he would do very well.  My son, Michael, had to explain to me how it would be possible for him to actually win the election.  He wins his home state of Utah, the other two candidates split the remaining electoral votes evenly, neither has a majority, and the house of representatives appoints McMullin as president.   That would be a God-size miracle that only He could perform.  That may or may not be His will for now.  However, I know that no matter what happens, He is in charge and His agenda is the one that will become front and center one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment