Thursday, April 13, 2017

Who Am I Working For?

Last night, in our Connect Group meeting, there was good conversation about the things that distract us from our yearning to know God more.  Social media, television, recreation were some of the top offenders.  These are all true for me, but I feel like my work is probably my biggest distractor.  It gets the majority of my attention during the day.  Paul offers me encouragement in his letter to the Colossians.  "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward."  Work as if you are working for the Lord.  I fall short of that every day, but knowing that I can work hard for my clients, as if I were working for the Lord, gives me something to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment