Thursday, January 18, 2018

Breath of Life

This month at church, our pastor is leading a series entitled "Best Year Ever".  Last Sunday, he talked about different types of prayer.  One that hit home with me was the idea of using a "breath prayer" - a short prayer that can be repeated throughout the day that is almost as easy as taking a breath.  The simpler the better.  "Jesus brings peace".  "God is love".  "Help me to love more".   I landed on one that is a little longer that came from Paul in Ephesians.  "I am God's handiwork, created in Jesus, to do good works that He has already planned for me."  I can't say that it is as easy as breathing for me, but I have thought of it multiple times throughout the day, and I love that what you focus your mind on gets bigger.  I want Jesus to keep getting bigger for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment