Thursday, February 8, 2018

Pride and Pretense


I mentioned earlier that I have been reading "The Pursuit of God" by A.Z. Tozer.   The introductory verse to today's reading is from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.  "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."  This is one of the tough ones for me.  Being in real estate, we are taught that buyers and sellers want to work with the best, and in order for people to know that, I feel the urge to tell them.  Telling others about our success does not feel very meek to me.  It is a little more biblical to just treat people right, and have them tell others and have those others tell others.  That works well to some extent, but I am not sure it is enough.  The common ground that I try to get to is that I know that everything I have; every skill, every client, every transaction - everything - comes from God.  I would have nothing without him.  I praise Him that He has gives me work that I look forward to every day, and I praise Him when He gives me tough clients that force me to look to Him for guidance.  I don't want to feel the need to pretend to be something other than what I am.  I want to know that I am exactly what God intended me to be and that it is only my sin that can separate me from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment