Thursday, April 12, 2018

Running The Race

Each year for the past 5 years, I have taken the first few months of the year to prepare for a 5k/10k run at Lake Hartwell in May.  Last year was the first year I demoted myself to the 5k, but I do enjoy participating.  At may age,  the training is somewhat painful.  It consists of some dieting and some semi-regular runs.  The improvement day-to-day is slow but certain - and it is worth it to me.
 
I met with a good friend yesterday who works for a mission organization that exposes young adults interested in long-term overseas missions to what that might look like by placing them in midterm assignments in those countries.  They focus on reaching the people groups in the world that have never heard of Jesus.  This could be the single-most daunting task that Jesus left with us, and I love that one of my close friends is running that race.  For more about Cafe1040, click here.  Well done, Stephen! My good  and faithful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment