Thursday, May 24, 2018

Wisdom rules

David, from the Old Testament was a dynamic leader, but had a sordid past that included adultery and murder.  His son, Solomon, became king, and could have followed in his steps, but instead Solomon went on to inspire some of the greatest literature ever written which is found in Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon.  1st Chronicles reports Solomon's encounter with God which served as a spring-board for Solomon's life.  God appeared to Solomon one night and directed him, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you."  Solomon could have asked for fame, power or riches, but instead he responded, "Give me wisdom and knowledge".  God honored his prayer abundantly.  I may not be leading a nation, but I want to remember this simple prayer to help make me do a better job with the people I come in contact with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment