Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Legend

A friend of mine died this week, and I attended his funeral.  He was a successful businessman, had a rock-solid marriage, raised three kids and was committed to his church.  He was humble, served others, and loved God.  He was described as a legend by those who knew him best.  I probably only met him a half dozen times over the last 30 years, but I feel like I knew him well.  He was 95 years old, sang in the same church choir for 60 years and was married to his wife Sue for 72 years.  I know him well, because I know his son, and his son has told me all about him.  His son is one of my best friends and mirrors the qualities that his father lived out every day.  I know the father through the son, and that is God's plan for us to know Him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment