Thursday, January 24, 2019

Against the tide

The ConnectGroups at our church are starting up in a  couple of weeks.  I am leading a series called "Against the tide",  and it is based on Paul's letter to the Colossians.   Paul had never been to Colossae, but he had received reports that people in the church were creating and worshiping false Gods.   The purpose of his letter was to hammer home the supremacy of God and the deity of Jesus.  In doing so, he describes the nature of God and the required response from those of us that believe in Him.  Often times, it may feel like we are swimming against the tide, and if the tide is taking us out to sea, that can be a very good thing.   I can't wait to interact with our group to see and hear their perspectives.  I am quite sure I will learn more than I will teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment