Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Bragging Rights

I wanted you guys to know how proud I am of this one.  This is Evan, Michael and Emily's son, and my oldest grandchild.   He is 8 this year.  His parents are pretty smart, so Evan has never had much trouble with learning.  Evan loves the lake, as you can see here, and is an absolute animal when extreme tubing with the adults.  He has tried t-ball and soccer, but the t-ball only lasted one season.  We were all somewhat thankful for that.   He has excelled at soccer and has moved from a rec team to a club team this year.  We all know the time commitments will be significant, but love that he is enjoying it.  My favorite story from Evan came after a soccer game.  He was telling my wife, Caroline, about the game.  Their team had been behind, and then tied, but scored late to win the game.   Evan's words were, "we scored at the end of the game for the win".  It wasn't until later that we found out from his parents that it was Evan that had scored the winning goal.  Apparently he has learned a little something beyond his years.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment