Thursday, August 15, 2019

Fighting the Fight


I am not a boxing fan.  In fact, the only boxing match I have ever been to was during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics when a friend had been given some tickets and invited me to join him.   I remember enjoying the experience, but couldn't tell you who fought or won that night.  I saw this recent article where Sugar Ray Leonard was chiming in about a rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.  Mayweather, I have heard of.  Pacquiao, not so much.  It turns out Pacquiao is the only boxer to be world champion in 8 different divisions. Mayweather beat him by unanimous decision in their first fight on May 2, 2015 in Las Vegas.   After digging a little deeper, I found out that Pacquiao is fighting for something bigger outside of the ring.  He has been elected to public office in the Philippines and is a frequent spokesperson for how Jesus has changed his life.  Check out this short video with Pacquiao's testimony and praise God for what He is doing through him.

No comments:

Post a Comment