Thursday, April 9, 2020

Breakthrough

Caroline and I keep thinking about the movie Groundhog Day.  That's the one where Bill Murray's character keeps living the same day over and over again.  That's how the sheltered-in requirements make us feel.  It's like we are living the same day over and over again.  When I really think about what is different from the way it was before, I keep landing on Sundays.  Sundays were the day we got to go to church, see friends, serve and worship.  I keep thinking about how sweet it is going to be the first Sunday back after the pandemic.  I also wonder how many weeks, months, years that I will be able to hold on to that sweet feeling.  I hope forever.  Until then, we have groups like this getting creative to find ways to worship that has never been done before.  Maybe now is the Breakthrough.


No comments:

Post a Comment