Thursday, May 28, 2020

Mr. Floyd

I watched with horror the video showing a police officer kneeling on George Floyd's neck as he suffocated.  I can't imagine what Mr. Floyd could have done that would have elicited such a heinous response.  If he was handcuffed, but they feared he would run, couldn't they have restrained his legs?  Now Mr. Floyd is gone, and his family and friends are grieving.  We, who don't know him personally, are left with the news and social media in outrage.  But what are we going to do?  How can we be outraged without doing something?  I believe in prayer, so I will pray.  But am I really listening for what God wants me to do?  Here is all I have this morning.  I may not be able to comfort Mr. Floyd's family, but there is probably somebody in my sphere of influence that needs comforting.  I should do that today.  And if there isn't someone in my sphere that needs comforting, maybe I need to think about expanding my sphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment