Friday, August 14, 2020

Country Kudos

I wasn't much of a country music fan when I was young.  One of my first memories of enjoying country music was in 1988.  I was at an IBM event with Caroline, and Dolly Parton was the entertainment one evening.  I liked her music, but I loved her.  She was so down to earth - and so likeable.  Many years later, I watched Carrie Underwood win American Idol and was impressed by how she handled her new-found fame.  Later she sang, along with Vince Gill, one of the most memorable versions of How Great Thou Art that I have ever heard.  This year, I noticed that Zach Williams was nominated as the Dove Award's Artist of the Year.  I didn't know a lot about him, but was delighted to find this duet with Dolly Parton, connecting several decades of memories for me.  Some celebrities take a lot of heat for only looking out for themselves.  It's great to see these country artists looking out for something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment