Friday, October 9, 2020

Broken Vessels

I have a good friend whose son committed suicide several years ago.  I posted then about the helplessness I felt and the unimaginable pain and loss of his family.  That pain is complicated by the feeling of wondering if there was anything we could have done to prevent it.  I have a good friend whose nephew is struggling now.  He doesn't know God and has mentioned killing himself on multiple occasions.  We don't know if this is a plea for attention or something he is actually considering.  He has lost respect for his family, and his friends support his "I am only living for me attitude".   What do we do?  We have a chance to do something.  We can love him and pray for him.  We can also pray that someone in his life that he respects, or someone from his past who knows God, can show him that there is a lot to live for when we recognize that we are children of God.  I found this song about the hope that God can make out of his broken vessels.  Please join me in praying for Justin.

No comments:

Post a Comment