Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Funeral Favor

 

Caroline and I are taking an unexpected trip to Durham, NC this week.  Regrettably, it is to attend the funeral for our Uncle Dicky.  Dicky's wife, Delma, passed away earlier this year, and now Dicky is with her again.  He missed her desperately.  His world revolved around her, and she took great care of him always, but even more as his health was failing.  After her death, I got to see his daughter-in-law, Tanya, step in and take charge of his care, along with help from the rest of the family and some professional help.  While all of us will miss  Dicky, I am comforted knowing that his health is restored and he has been reunited with the love of his life.   I used to dread funerals.  But as time goes on, I have found a way to see the beauty in a family's love on full display, and the love of God for all of us.  He will be there with us at the funeral - and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment