Thursday, January 13, 2022

Cheer-full


College football is a crazy thing.  When I was enrolled in a SEC university in 1980, I decided to participate in the marching band.  That was the only year I marched.  I would have never imagined that at the end of that season, UGA would be celebrating its first National Championship in 38 years.   It would have been even more surprising if you would have told me it would be 41 more years until UGA would win their next title.  During those 41 years, I married my wife who attended UGA, sent my two kids to UGA, watched my daughter-in-law work the sidelines at UGA as an athletic trainer and fed hundreds of hungry students at our pregame tailgates.  College football is big business.  But it has also served as a rallying point for our family and friends to gather and cheer.  This year, Caroline and I joined our kids and one of their spouses (sorry Emily) in Indianapolis for the biggest game we have had in a while.  Cheers to UGA.  Cheers to family.  I hope your family has something fun to cheer for.

No comments:

Post a Comment