Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Movie Night


The last two weeks, I posted about the revival going on at Asbury College.  It may or may not be a coincidence that last Friday, "Jesus Revolution" opened in movie theaters around the country.  I read about it and was nervous that it might resemble some of the cheesy religious movies that had come before, but Tuesday night, Caroline and I took a chance and went to see it.  The movie is about the true story of the Jesus movement led by Chuck Smith that started in California in the 1970's.  Hippies that were used to getting high on drugs found a new high in knowing Jesus, and thousands of people came to know Him through Chuck's ministry.  The journey wasn't all roses, which for me, added to the believability and made the movie more interesting.   I will warn you that there are several tear-jerk moments which made the story special for me.  I hope you take a chance to see it.   If so, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment