Thursday, March 23, 2023

The Watcher

I found an interesting blog written by a mom reporting an interaction with her 6 year old daughter.  After church, the mom's daughter took her 1 year old sister to play on the fenced playground while her mom and dad talked with friends within eyeshot.  After a period of time, the mom offered to hold the one year old so the six year old could play on her own.  The six year old responded, "It's ok mom.  I love watching her.  It's fun for me. I'm the shepherd, and she's my little sheep."  This was an obvious reference to the bible story that she had learned in church, but the statement, "I love watching her" struck a chord with the mom.  We have heard that Jesus loves us thousands of times, but the fact that Jesus loves watching us shines a whole new light on our relationship.   It can be very comforting to know Jesus is there - and also frightening that He is also watching us when we aren't acting like we should.  It is beautiful that children can sometimes describe the truth so clearly.  Maybe that's why Jesus directed us to become like little children.   I hope you can see God and His creation through the eyes of a child today.  For the full original post, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment