Thursday, June 29, 2023

Making Life Count

Caroline and I hit a milestone in our marriage this week.  We have now been married for 40 years.   I met Caroline in kindergarten in 1966, but we didn't start dating until 1977.  We dated on and off through our junior year of college, but got engaged that year and married two weeks after we graduated from UGA.  We got pregnant with Michael on our honeymoon, so in that year, we graduated from college, got new jobs, got married, got pregnant, moved to a new city and had our first child.  I think we maxed out the stress meter based on major changes in your life, but apparently, we were able to manage it.   2 kids and 7 grandkids later, we are fortunate to have all of them nearby so we can do life with them.  I can't imagine sharing the last 40 years with anyone else besides Caroline.  The word I think of when I think of her is nurture.  She is amazing at nurturing her relationships with God, her family, her friends and still finds the energy to love me and take care of me.  Thank you for making my last 57 years worth living.  

The photo was from our recent trip to Victoria on Vancouver Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment