Thursday, August 17, 2023

Passion for Living

 

While I was growing up in Columbus, my dad met Frank Fuller at the Springer Theater.  Frank was an elementary school teacher by day, but loved being on stage in the evenings.  Frank was single and became a fast friend of the family joining us for dinner most nights for several years.  He was like an older brother to me and was singularly responsible for teaching me to play tennis.  Frank also loved volleyball and dancing.  So you can see that Frank led an active life, but what I remember most about him was his passion for living.  He always seemed to love whatever he was doing and whoever he was with.  We got to see Frank in May at my nephew's wedding.  I don't know Frank's exact age, but in his 70's, he not only made it to the dance floor at the reception, he owned the dance floor.  Frank passed away yesterday after suffering a sudden massive stroke.  This makes me really sad, but knowing that he lived every day to the fullest is an inspiration to me and everyone that knew him.

No comments:

Post a Comment