Thursday, November 2, 2023

Girl Power

 


I have a lot of important females in my life - starting with my mom who lives next door to us, and my loving wife, Caroline, who lives next door to her...(with me!).  Then there is my amazing daughter, Lizzy, and equally amazing daughter-in-law, Emily.  Those two females gave me 5 more spirited granddaughters that bring us so much joy.  

I hear and read about a lot of girls that are hurting.  They hurt because they may not like the way they look, or they aren't accepted by the cool kids at school.  Many are bullied, and in the most extreme cases, they are taken advantage of.  

Some of you may be familiar with Tori Kelly.  She is an accomplished singer with a long career, but do you remember that she got her start on American Idol when Simon did not vote her through and described her as a human orange?  I am pretty sure that was not the only criticism that she endured trying to make a name for herself.  I found this video of her testimony which should serve as encouragement for any of us that sometimes feel like we are not enough.  Tori sings both pop and worship music.  I was mesmerized as she leads worship here singing about the reckless love of God.

I pray that all the females in my life, and females everywhere, find their identity in Christ and their joy in His reckless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment