Wednesday, December 27, 2023

New Year Nuances

I have a hate/love relationship with this time of year.  Business wise, bringing in the New Year means that some extra work needs to be done to close out the previous year and plan for the new year.   The end of the year also means tax prep is just around the corner, which I avoid like the plague.  I'm a "routine" guy, so I am pretty good at doing the same things that are important every day.  But, the "once a year" things are tough for me.  I find that the hardest part of tackling the "once a year" things is starting them.  Once I start them, I can sometimes almost enjoy the process, and the feeling of accomplishment when those things are finished makes it all worthwhile.  Personally, the new year also presents opportunities for fresh starts.  Those can be more challenging than the business fresh starts.  Each year, I find myself making good on commitments to change for the first few weeks, and sometimes a couple of months, but it seems the natural cycle of the seasons pushes me back to the routines that I have been in for 62 years.   I pray for more consistency this year, and if you have some changes that you are thinking about making, I pray the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment