Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Day After

 


He didn't think like other people thought, and he wasn't scared to let them know.  His presence was large and growing larger.   Some ignored him.  Others disagreed with him.  Many hated him.  On Wednesday, he had spoken to a crowd, warning them that hard times were ahead.  His life had been threatened.  

On Thursday, James made his way towards town with the explicit purpose to kill.  His target was not random.   It was specific.   He completed his mission to kill Martin Luther King, Jr. on April 4th, 1969.

Dr. King's speech the day before would come to be known as one of the most famous speeches in our nation's history. Near the end, he states: "Like anybody, I would like to live a long life.  Longevity has its place.  But I'm not concerned about that now.  I just want to do God's will.  And he has allowed me to go up to the mountain.  And I've looked over - and I've seen the promised land...Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

Click here to witness his passion.  Praise God for Dr. King's leadership and his ultimate sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment