Thursday, January 11, 2024

The Other Brother

 


Jeymes Samuel may not be a name that you have heard of, but perhaps you have heard of his older brother, Seal, who has released massive hits like Kiss From a Rose.  Seal's little brother, Jeymes, is quickly making a name for himself.  He not only produced "The Book of Clarence" which opens in theaters tomorrow, he also wrote the script and the full score, and sings in all of the original songs.  He also directed the film.  I obviously haven't seen this one yet, but expectations are high.  The story centers on a twin brother to the apostle, Thomas, who doesn't believe the claims of Jesus, and seeks to discover his own divine path.  I'm not sure what tone the film will take, but I did read that Jeymes' mom was a devout Christian, so I am hopeful that some of that rubbed off on Jeymes.  I'm quite sure there will be spirited discussion between people who appreciate the film and those who don't like the liberties he took with such a sacred story.  My biggest hope is that there are people that might not have considered Jesus before,
 that make a decision to do that based on Jeymes' work.


No comments:

Post a Comment