Tuesday, September 17, 2024

May I have the next dance?

 


Our family has had a tough week.  My mom, 92 years old, passed away in her home on Thursday.  Mom was born in Virginia.  She and my dad raised me and my two brothers in Columbus, GA.  Mom was a high school teacher and school administrator for almost 20 years in Columbus.  When my dad retired, they moved back to Virginia, and Mom continued to teach at the Community College there.  After my dad passed away, she moved back to Georgia and lived next door to us in Braselton for the remainder of her life.  Mom continued to teach kids Sunday school at her church as long as she was able.  My mom was the rock of our family, and we were so fortunate to have her near us for the last 13 years.  Over the past several months, her mobility began to fail, but we were fortunate that her mind stayed sharp until the very end.  We will miss her greatly, but we know that she is dancing with my dad in Heaven today.  Praise God for His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment