Thursday, September 12, 2013

Art for the masses

When I was younger, I always wished I could draw better.  I felt like I had no natural skill in this area, and while I always wanted to know how to draw, I never really did anything to develop the skill.  I still have a desire to draw or paint, but no desire to commit to the energy that it would take to become competent.  Just lazy I guess.  The recent popularity of “painting bars”  have made it possible for you to show up at their location with a bottle of wine and a credit card and leave with a Rembrandt of sorts and a buzz.  My grown kids have participated.  I think I might be up for something like that, but I haven’t even gotten that far yet.    As a REALTOR, I do have good access to a nice camera, and I very much enjoy trying to get great photos for my clients.  This week, I was reminded of the original and most famous artist of all.  He is the one who painted this picture and allowed me the privilege of attempting to capture a much of  it as possible with the press of a button.  Our God is an awesome (and talented) God.

No comments:

Post a Comment