Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Serving

This month, the Corps of Engineers is partnering with the Lake Hartwell Association to clean up the lake.  Click here for more details.    I know that for me, serving seems to get pushed to the edges of my calendar.  Everything else seems to take priority.  Most of those items are either “work-related” or “recover from work-related”.  For the “work-related” items, I could try to build a case that I am “serving” my clients.  I think there is some truth to that, but the main reason I work is to make money to support the “recovery from work related” items.  My company, Keller Williams, offers regular opportunities for serving.  And my church, The Vine, also offers great opportunities to serve.  There are also frequent community oriented ways to serve like the Lake Hartwell clean-up campaign.  I try to take advantage of these opportunities when I can, but I am not sure I do enough.  There is one thing I do know for sure.  When I take the focus off of myself and place it on something or somebody else, my whole world seems to work better.

No comments:

Post a Comment